Saint George

Agios Georgios (Saint George) the Patron Saint of Nemea is the most famous of all the small churches in Nemea. It is a marked historical monument. The holy naydrium of Agios Georgios, also called Kato Ai-Giorgis , was an old glebe of the Holy Monastery of Agios Georgios Feneos or Fonia.
The church is of Byzantine style, stone built. It has a polygonal dome and a beautiful grove. In the interior of the temple are kept warrens , an example of how during the turbulent years of the Turkish rule, the temple was a base for thieves.The floor of the church is stone, as is the (winged) altarpiece of the church.
Linked to the history of the place, it is also the symbol of the old name of the town. We don’t know exactly when it was built. It is estimated to be a 14th or 15th century building. By decree of 1905, the church belongs to the parish of Isodia of Holy Mary. In Nemea, one can meet many chapels, the most important ones being those of Zoodochos Pigi and Agios Nikolaos.